One of the best thing with being in a choir is to meet many great people. Our choir, Lund University Male Voice Choir from Sweden, consists of almost 50 people. That is 0,25 percent of all 20.000 participants at the World Choir Games in Shaoxing, China. It undoubtedly gives a great opportunity to meet new brothers and sisters in song.
Some of our greatest memories from the recent past days here in China are:
- At the prize giving ceremony, when the name of our choir was announced and we went on stage to receive our gold medal in the Male Choir category
- When it was announced again, and we got another gold medal in the Musica Contemporanea category
- Backstage at the opening ceremony, when we were asked to take pictures together with new friends from other choirs
- When we arranged a skiing(!) competition at the Qiaobo hotel
- Singing karaoke with new friends at KTV places in the city
- Strolling around in Shaoxing city, enjoying the busy calmness and some real Chinese culture
- Listening to other great choirs at gala concerts. You folks are really great!
- Walking up on the competition stages, getting ready to rock!
- Walking of the competition stage, feeling that our performance went really well
- To eat delicious Chinese food
- Singing all night with the former world champions in male choir at the hotel bar.
Yeah! Two gold medals. That is cool and almost feels almost not yet real. We are really happy that our two years of preparations went so well. We got many nice reactions from different media and friends back in Sweden, which is really encouraging. We are happy, we are singing!
Organizers, volunteers, new fellows and friends: Thank you so much for World Choir Games 2010!
Fotnot: Detta inlägg publicerades ursprungligen på Interkulturs festivalblogg samt på Lunds studentsångares Kinareseblogg.
Läs även artiklar och andra bloggar om kina, china, world choir games, wcg, shaoxing, interkultur, körsång, expo 2011, världsutställningen, shanghai, peking